or 4 interest-free payments with or
The Story of Our Universe: An Introduction to Cosmology
About this Online Live Course
The Story of Our Universe: An Introduction to Cosmology is a four-week course covering 13.8 billion years of history!
Join us as we venture deep into spacetime.
Why should I attend?
This course will give you an understanding of our universe’s history and an appreciation of its grandiosity.
What will I learn?
In this class, you’ll learn:
- What the early universe was like.
- How stars, galaxies, and black holes formed.
- How dark matter shapes everything we see.
- How this story ends.
Who is the instructor?
Professor Alan Duffy is a professional astrophysicist, creating universes on supercomputers to understand how galaxies form and to probe the nature of dark matter.
4x 90-minute sessions, which take place in our virtual classroom over Zoom.
It is a live and interactive course featuring lectures and reading material, Q&A sessions with the instructor, as well as breakout rooms with your intellectually curious classmates.
What is the class schedule?
Week 1: The Universe
- The Road to the Big Bang and the Laws of Nature.
Week 2: The Act of Creation
- The Formation of Stars, Planets, and Supernovae.
Week 3: Galactic Census
- Galaxies, Black Holes, and Dark Matter.
Week 4: With a Bang or a Whimper?
- The Death of the Universe in a Dark Energy Future.
- Live online lectures.
- Live Q&A sessions with the instructor.
- Zoom breakout rooms for collaboration with other classmates.
- Downloadable pre-readings.
- Weekly homework tasks.
- Downloadable PDF summaries of the lectures and course.
- Lifetime access to the lecture recordings.
- A certificate of completion.
- The opportunity to make new intellectually curious friends.
Are there any requirements?
All you need is a stable internet connection and a desire to learn.
For more information, please contact us at [email protected]